AS A NETWORK, PRIMIS ARE UNUSUAL IN ALLOWING OUR
ADVISERS TO USE SOCIAL MEDIA. OTHER NETWORKS DEEM IT
TOO RISKY AND FORBID THE USE OF IT TOTALLY, BUT FOR THE
MOMENT, PRIMIS ARE CONFIDENT THAT WE CAN MITIGATE
THOSE RISKS AS LONG AS THE PROCESS IS FOLLOWED
Here’s a reminder of the key steps:
- If/when you decide you want a presence on social media, contact the Financial Promotions team to request that the social media licence test is allocated to you.
- Once you have read the Advertising, Marketing and Social Media Policy carefully, take the test.
- Upon passing the test, confirm to Financial Promotions that you are now licensed for the coming year, and provide a list of the channels that you will be using.
- By providing these channels, this will allow Financial Promotions to conduct regular, routine oversight to ensure that the material you post is clear, fair, and not misleading. If they identify any issues they will be in contact to talk you through their findings and provide advice and guidance of how to avoid those mistakes in the future.
- A month before the expiry of your annual licence, you will be invited to take a new test to renew your permission to post on social media. If you chose not to renew, you will forfeit the right to continue to post on social media. If you do retake and pass the test, you will once again be asked to contact Financial Promotions to confirm that you have passed, and ensure that the list of channels that you previously provided is correct.
It’s only with your co-operation that we can provide this facility. The onus
is firmly upon you, as responsible advisers, to help us manage this
effectively and keep you and the Network safe.
Your diligence is much appreciated.
Shabz and Jamie – firstname.lastname@example.org