COMPLAINTS AND THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN SERVICE
COVID-19 – Despite current events, our Customer Resolution Team remain fully equipped to deal with customer complaints and queries. However, in line with government guidance, a large proportion of our staff are now working remotely. Because of this, if you do wish to contact us in relation to a new or ongoing complaint it would assist us if you could do so by email wherever possible.
Please do not send personal or sensitive data by email. If you need to send personal or sensitive information to support your complaint, please contact us by email first, and we will guide you on how to send this to us securely.
We are sorry you feel the need to complain.
It is an accepted part of business life that people are sometimes not happy with the way they have been treated, or expect a higher standard of service. However, in Financial Services there are strict rules, which must be followed in respect of a complaint.
This means to you, the client, we have in place, effective and transparent complaint-handling arrangements which ensure that complaints are dealt with reasonably, promptly and fairly.
The Network takes complaints against its members very seriously and to that end, we have teams that take a principled stance in resolving complaints.
If you are unsure whether your complaint should be directed to the PRIMIS Mortgage Network team in Newcastle or Solihull, please contact Member Contact Team on 0121 767 1002 who will advise you.
To help us investigate your complaint, please provide the following information:
- Your name, address and contact details
- The name of the business, advisor name and any dates you feel relevant
- The product/service you are unhappy with
- What went wrong
This will help us to understand the reasons for your discontent and to ensure we deal with your complaint properly.
PRIMIS Mortgage Network client complaints
If you are a client of PRIMIS Mortgage Network Appointed Representatives, and are dissatisfied with the service you have received, please contact The Compliance Team via any of the following routes:
- In writing: The Complaints Department, PRIMIS Mortgage Network, Newcastle House, Albany Court, Newcastle Business Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE4 7YB
- By telephone: 0191 233 4685
- By email: email@example.com
Please click here to see a copy of PRIMIS Complaints Procedure.
Alternatively, where your complaint relates to products or services purchased online, or by other electronic means such as email, you may refer your complaint to the online dispute resolution platform at http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
Personal Touch Financial Services client complaints
PRIMIS Mortgage Network is a trading name of Personal Touch Financial Services Limited. Personal Touch Financial Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
If you therefore wish to complain about the service and/or advice provided by one of the Personal Touch members you can do this by contacting The Customer Resolution Team via any of the following routes:
- In writing: The Customer Resolution Manager, Personal Touch Financial Services Limited (PRIMIS Mortgage Network), Ground Floor, 3700 Parkside, Birmingham Business Park, Solihull, B37 7YT
- By telephone: 0121 767 1139 and ask for the Complaints Co-ordinator (all calls are recorded)
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to see a copy of Personal Touch Complaints Procedure.
Financial Ombudsman Service
You have a statutory right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you do not feel our decision is correct. It is a service free of charge to clients.
You may refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) within six months from the date of the final response letter, notwithstanding any further correspondence exchanged between us.
- In writing: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9SR
- By telephone: 0800 023 4567 / 0300 123 9123
- By email: email@example.com
To find out more about the FOS please visit www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Better client outcomes
We conduct root cause analysis and our aim is simple and clear – to provide better client outcomes, to improve the client experience and processes within our business.
It is important we learn when we have made a mistake so complaints are considered within the wider business to ensure, as far as possible, they are not repeated again in the future.
WHAT IS A MORTGAGE NETWORK?
An individual, or a firm, offering financial advice has to be authorised to do so by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Once given these permissions, these firms or individuals, become known as Appointed Representatives.
Appointed Representatives are only allowed to operate if they are part of a mortgage network (like PRIMIS). These Appointed Representatives can select a mortgage network to join, and once accepted, they become network members.
Mortgage networks offer a variety of services to their members that include:
- Ensuring compliance – adhering to FCA guidelines to treat clients fairly
- Providing a range of products and services for its members to sell – which ensure that clients can review a variety of options